Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trial Run

So, life has changed with 2 children. The other day, Chad had a doctor's appointment at 7:45 am, so it was up to me to get the kids up and out the door. My goal was to be at Nana's by 9:00, which is a fair goal when I am working. Well, I was out the door and loaded in the car by 8:57. I was able to get Baylee dressed, fixed her lunch, pump and get Ty fed and changed. YEA!! However, I left with no shower, still in pj's and not a stitch of make-up and Baylee did not get breakfast!!

Another trial run was the other day when I was meeting a friend of mine for lunch to introduce Ty and for her to see Baylee again. I was able to manage a shower and make-up cause Chad was there to help me! Thankfully, I had asked my mom if she wanted to join us for lunch! I am not sure how I would have gotten the diaper bag, carrier, Baylee's hand and myself into the restaurant. And of course, Ty wanted to be fed the second we sat down, Baylee needed to potty and I needed to get to the counter to order some food! My mom fed Ty, I ordered food and totally forgot to order for Baylee! I wasn't even able to hold a conversation with my friend because I was telling Baylee to eat 1/2 of my sandwich before her chips, trying to burp Ty and wishing I had put my hair in a ponytail cause I was so hot!!!!!!!!!

Today, I did better. Chad had to be a church early and this was my first time to get back to church with the kids. I woke up at 8:00 and was able to leave the house with everything done, pumped and fed and dressed and made it to church early by 10:45!!! Can't believe it!! Surely I can get this down to at least 2 hours before I start back to work! Luckily, I will have Chad in the mornings for awhile to help!!!! My patients do not want to see me in my pjs!!

Life has changed with 2 children.......

No comments:

Post a Comment