Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meltdown times 2....

So today was somehow cursed. When I picked up Baylee from school yesterday, her teacher predicted that Baylee just might not want to come to school today. I asked her why and she relayed that this week was transition week for school and all of the summer students had not left yet and all the fall students had already arrived. Needless to say, her school was a little chaotic and loud. I brushed it off thinking Baylee would be fine.....

This morning, we went to Nana's house to drop Ty off and Baylee had a complete come apart. She did not want to leave Nana, did not want to go school, wanted one more hugs and kisses 10 times, wanted to go back into Nana's house to sing a song that she never sung, etc etc etc... I could hardly understand her due to her sobs, loosing her air, and inability to complete a sentence and I was stunned. I had never seen her like this before.

Eventually, after what seemed like eternity, we managed to get in the car only for her to unbuckle herself and want to get into my lap. Now, I had been consoling her for what I thought was plenty of time and I was beginning to raise my voice and start the counting bit, which only made things worse. She finally got situated and we made it to school. We walked into her class and everything was calm...the school aged kids had returned to school and her class was back to normal...and my child was not sobbing anymore. I told her teacher to never predict anything ever again!

Then, I went on about my day at work and returned to pick up Ty that afternoon and he wanted nothing to do with me. A response which I have accepted and have learned that this is ok that he prefers his Nana...why fight it? Then Ty was chewing on something he didn't need to be chewing on and when it was removed from his wet hand, he decided to have his fit for the day....Arched back, screaming, yelling, slobbering everywhere...a complete temper tantrum. I had to literally peel him off of the floor and carry him to the car, buckle him it and start the movie "Mary Poppins" to get him to calm down. He is 15 months....really???

It should be illegal for both of your children to have meltdowns on the same day.....


2 comments:

  1. yes it should not be allowed, i agree. Shew what a day. PTL for a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...my mom didn't tell me about this! Maybe they both got it out of their systems and it will be smooth sailing from now on?

    ReplyDelete