Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Warning...do not read if have weak stomach

I was going to ask Chad to write this post as he has had quite a time with Baylee in the last 24 hours, but just thinking about it makes him dry heave.  You did read the warning, right?  Ok, so here goes.....

I finally schedule an appointment to get my hair cut so Chad was on duty to pick up Baylee from Nana's and provide daddy lovin' and dinner for Baylee.  He picks her up from Nana's and she is acting fine and then about 4:30 when they arrive at home, she starts to get a little fussy. Being the concerned and compassionate daddy as Chad is, he picks Baylee up into his arms and begins to ask her, "Baylee, tell Daddy what is wrong?  What is it Bay, tell Daddy."  As the words are coming out of his mouth, she tells him what is wrong as she projectile vomits right in his face....his mouth (i warned you!) and all over his clothes, her clothes, the den rug and her precious little chair.  YUK!!  My phone rings as I am relaxing at the beauty salon....Chad leaves a message, his voice shaking from concern for his daughter and disgust from what just occurred in his mouth.   

I get the voice mail as I am driving home, frantic as we are to leave town for Nancy's wedding this Thursday (my best friend from college.)  The plan was to leave Baylee with my parents but no one needs to care for a sick child except her parents!!

I begin to panic about work because I am already cramming in 5 days of patients into 4 cause I am off on Friday and there is no way I can cancel.  My amazing husband comes to the rescue and was able to get off work.  All three of us pile in the bed with towels and buckets and washcloths as our child does her best to expel all that is in her and finally passes out...she did give us a scare earlier in the night as I did think she was on her way to getting dehydrated, but she came through and drank a little water, which only came up later.  Chad offered to sleep with her as I moved on to the guest room...(i have it really good, I know.)  I wake up this morning to a very sleepy husband and child. 

The good news is she has slept on and off most of the day and has not had an 'episode' since 4 a.m. and currently, I am looking into her blues and beginning to see life again, her pale cheeks now have color and she is smiling at me as if she knows I am writing about her....she is a smart one.

Thanks for reading this blog and to all the daddys out there...Chad has you beat!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I already knew the story and threw up in my mouth again! YUCK! But he is a super sweet daddy (even though he always such a punk brother back in the day!) Love you Bubba! Glad that Baylee Boops is better!

    ReplyDelete